Most of the people are dealing with the problem of dry scalp. The scalp becomes dry because it lost its moisture due to some reasons like diet, stress, chemical hair products, and environmental factors. Now the question arises how to get rid of dry scalp? I have listed out some of the home remedies which will surely help you in some way.
How To Get Rid Of A Dry Scalp?
1. Hot Oil Treatment:
Everybody loves oil and nobody can deny that. It gives nourishment to your hair. Hot oil massage has its health benefits, and it also gives a reviving effect. Hot oil massages are famous all over the world, and most the resorts even include complimentary hot oil massages to attract a large number of visitors. If you want to get rid of the dry scalp quickly, you should try this method.
- Take a sufficient amount of almond oil or mustard oil. Castor oil is also very useful if you can bear its smell odor.
- Use the oil after it becomes lukewarm. Do not apply very hot oil on your hair.
- Massaging is the best part as it makes your mind and body relaxed. So, massage for at least 20 to 25 minutes on your scalp. If you want to enjoy massages in a better way ask your parents or dear ones to massage your hair.
- After massaging cover your head with a warm towel or cloth. Keep that towel for around an hour.
- Use a mild anti-dandruff shampoo to rinse it off completely.
- Before stepping out of the shower, mix three tablespoons of fresh lemon juice in the mug and use it to wash your hair.
- Let your hair dry naturally and do not use a dryer.
2. Herbal Treatment:
Herbal treatment is one of the most effective ones as it does not have any side effects and give positive results. Tulsi is the main herbal product that deals with this treatment.
Tulsi: It is best known for its medicinal values. Most of the ayurvedic and homeopathy doctors have been used it for several years. Doctors used to make concoctions treat dry scalp successfully. If you want to use tulsi pack to get rid of your dry scalp, you can make it at your home.
Grind some tulsi leaves and amla powder together. Apply this paste on your scalp. Leave it there for around 1 hour. Rinse it off with lukewarm water. Use this pack for some days, and you will see the positive results soon. It will not only remove the dry scalp but also prevent you from the dry scalp in the future.
3. Lemon Juice:
It is termed as the natural exfoliant and helps in removing the flaky and dry skin from the scalp. Not only this but it will also prevent your scalp from the dandruff. It removes the dead cells which causes the problem of clogging.
• Take some lemon juice and apply it on the scalp.
• Keep it on your scalp for around half an hour.
• Massage it properly with your fingertips.
• You can also mix lemon juice with olive oil for best results.
4. Vinegar Treatment:
Many people think that vinegar is only useful for Chinese delicacies, but it is not true. It helps you to get rid of your dry scalp if used attentively. Follow this method to use it in the more effective way.
Take water and vinegar in equal amounts and mix it well. Apply this mixture on your scalp properly. Leave it overnight. Use a mild shampoo to wash your hair completely in the morning. If you are using any anti-dandruff shampoo, then leave it there for few minutes then rinse it off. It allows the shampoo to work on those horrible white flakes.
You can also use apple cider vinegar and massage it on your scalp. Massage it for at least five minutes in circular motions. As we know that the dry scalp is caused because of the dead cells, so Apple cider vinegar removes those dead cells that block the hair follicles.
They are rich in vitamins, minerals and natural oils. It helps in treating the dryness of the scalp as well as hair. If you condition your hair with it, your hair will become glossy, soft and moisturized.
• Take 1 ripe avocado
• 1 teaspoon of honey and 2 tablespoons of olive oil
• Mash the avocado with the help of a food processor or a blender
• Make sure you mix all the ingredients properly.
• Apply the mixture on your hair
• Cover your hair with a shower cap for around thirty minutes.
• After that, rinse off your hair with lukewarm water with the help of shampoo and conditioner.
6. Sugar Scrub:
Excess amount of skin cells discard when you starch your scalp. To get rid of this problem, you can try a sugar scrub for your scalp.
• To make the sugar scrub, you need to take 5 tablespoons of sugar in a bowl.
• You can add your favorite oil to it. For best results, try to add olive oil.
• Make a paste out of it.
• Apply it on your scalp gently.
• Rub it in a circular motion just like a scrub
• Rinse off your hair properly with shampoo and conditioner
If you repeat this process several times, you can see the effective results in no time.
Some Tips To Prevent Dry Scalp:
If you practice these tips, you can not only control your dry scalp but also prevent yourself to not to face this issue once again.
1. Use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner for your dry scalp
2. Do not over style your hair as it causes more damage to your hair
3. Try to use almond oil more as it moisturizes your scalp.
4. Use baking soda as a conditioner.
5. Try to use natural products for your hair.
These were some of the remedies which will surely make you understand how to get rid of the dry scalp? It is also very important that you maintain a regular and balanced diet. A good hygiene and strict exercise regime are good for your health. Make sure you shampoo after every three days and Avoid combing wet hair.